Teach at Atlas Dublin
We are seeking teachers with CertTESOL / CELTA / DipTESOL / DELTA qualifications (or equivalent alternative) to join our teaching team. We are looking for teachers who are enthusiastic, flexible, professional and dedicated team players.
Teachers of English to adults (year-round)
The adult year-round school is located in Portobello House right in front of the Grand Canal in Portobello in Dublin 2. You’d be responsible for planning and delivering quality communicative lessons that engage and challenge your students. The students are adults of all ages from all over the world on both short-term and long-term courses.
What we offer…
- Guaranteed weekly hours for predictable income
- Permanent contracts (no signing on at Christmas)
- Within working time rules (scheduled breaks and minimum rest periods)
- On payroll with employer PRSI paid and access to pension scheme (PRSA)
- Pay scales for service and performance-based promotions from 19 Euros per hour to €24.50 Euros per hour
- Annual leave (1.66 days per month / 20 days a year)
- Paid bank holidays, even if they do not fall on your normal scheduled work days, e.g., at Christmas (10 per year once you have worked 40 hours in the previous 5 weeks)
- Paid sick days (3 statutory since January 2022, goes to 5 days in 2023, 7 in 2024 and 10 days in 2024)
- Diverse teaching team. Hiring based on qualifications / competence, not nationality
- Paid teacher induction / training provided (initially and ongoing)
- 1 hour paid admin per week (@ your teaching rate)
- Wide selection of resources and space in the teachers’ rooms to prep
- Written syllabus, course guides for teachers, and all students have course books
- Kitchen facilities for teachers and cafe for teachers and students
- Landmark building in great location next to the Grand Canal
Teachers of English to juniors (summer only)
The Atlas Junior centres in Ireland (Rathmines, Dublin 6) and in the UK (Chichester) deliver a range of courses to 11 to 17 year-olds on short summer programmes. We start recruiting for these centres from January each year.
Evening English teachers (year-round)
We run part-time General English and Cambridge English exam classes two evenings per week. The classes run on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
Modern Language Teachers (year-round)
We also run part-time Modern Language classes in French, German, Portuguese, Italian, and Spanish. The classes run on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays, 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
Atlas Professional (In-Company) Teachers (year-round)
Our Atlas Professional service offers in-company Business English and MFL classes in and around the Dublin area. The classes are offered either intensively over a short period or extensively over a longer period.
What You’ll Do
Plan and deliver motivating and challenging lessons.
Adapt your teaching style to meet the needs of students from a variety of countries and cultural backgrounds.
Develop a positive rapport with both students and other staff members.
Bring open thinking and a willingness to develop to your teaching.
Select and adapt supplementary teaching materials that provide your students with opportunities to produce language in a meaningful way.
Assist, from time to time, with course development through participation in level and course evaluations.
You’ll rock at this if:
You can confidently and effectively communicate ideas in easy to understand ways.
You are passionate about teaching and learning and developing your skills.
You value self-direction and creativity, and can work successfully with others.
You have held previous teaching posts elsewhere in Europe and/or further afield.
You love to give and receive honest, thoughtful feedback and are keen to take Continuous Professional Development opportunities.
If you have the skills and passion for teaching and learning to work with us, we’d love to hear from you. Apply to teach at Atlas!
Internship – Academic Department
We offer internships in all our departments and are continuously looking for enthusiastic, friendly and detail-oriented interns who would like to gain an insight into the running of a language school. Internships are available in both our all-year round locations: Ireland or Malta!
This internship in the Academic Department in Dublin is aimed at university students, graduates and jobseekers who are interested in gaining experience in an international environment. You will get an insight into the running of a large language school and learn about how we organise, support and monitor our teaching and learning provision. You’d also be helping us to maintain our digital resources so experience creating digital materials would be a plus!
All our internship positions are long-term, i.e., you should be available 5-6 months and ideally bring the following characteristics:
- upper-intermediate to expert-level of English; knowledge of German, French, Italian, Spanish or Portuguese is a plus
- communicative, reliable, independent and able to take initiative
- team spirit, kindness and openness towards people from all over the world
- a good eye for detail
- strong interest in working in an international environment
- experienced in working with gmail, drive, the Google suite of applications, and interested in learning to use the school’s student management system
- permission to work in Ireland
If you are interested in working with us, we’d love to hear from you. Apply for an internship at Atlas!
Teach at Atlas Malta
Teach learners from around the world to communicate accurately, fluently and confidently in English. We are looking for enthusiastic and experienced teachers to work at our year-round school in Malta.
The adult year-round school is located in Pembroke in Malta. Typically, you would be working with a teaching partner and be responsible for delivering quality communicative lessons that engage and challenge the students. We recruit individual teachers year-round, but also look to employ teachers at specific times of year according to business needs.
What You’ll Do
- Plan and deliver motivating and challenging lessons.
- Adapt your teaching style to meet the needs of students from a variety of countries and cultural backgrounds.
- Develop a positive rapport with both students and other staff members.
- Bring open thinking and a willingness to develop into your teaching.
- Select and develop supplementary teaching and learning materials to support teaching and learning at Atlas.
- Assist, from time to time, with course development through participation in level and course evaluations.
You’ll rock at this if:
- You can confidently and effectively communicate ideas in easy to understand ways.
- You are passionate about teaching and learning and developing your skills.
- You value self-direction and creativity, and can work successfully with others.
- You have held previous teaching posts elsewhere in Europe and/or further afield.
- You love to give and receive honest, thoughtful feedback and are keen to take Continuous Professional Development opportunities.
If you have the skills and passion for teaching and learning to work with us, we’d love to hear from you. Apply to teach at Atlas Malta!